The Senior Cats online course is designed to provide groomers with the necessary knowledge and skills to adjust grooming procedures to limit stress and discomfort for senior cats. This course addresses scheduling, adapting each element of the grooming process, common health problems, and recommendations for the senior cat’s living environment.
Grooming the senior cat comes with a number of unique challenges. Seniors can have fragile skin, can be easily nicked, can show signs of aggression when reacting to pain or handling, have a plethora of health conditions, and overall be more prone to stress which can lead to disastrous results. There are a number of precautions to be taken to choose the appropriate grooming services. Knowing how to go about performing those services without causing any undue stress or pain is required for safety and continued success.
This course is filled with video clips, articles, resources, and more to assist with grooming the senior cats. While each cat is different, cats over the age of 7 require the grooming process to be adapted. This includes:
- How to recognize and plan for scheduling issues
- Make appropriate lifestyle and grooming recommendations to the owner
- Adjust the grooming process (the bath, drying, dematting, shaving, additional services, etc.)
- Understand common health problems, symptoms and how they affect the grooming process
- Learn recommendations for the cat’s owner
This course is included in the Complete Cat Groomer Training Syllabus.
As with all of our online courses, once you buy, you own it for a lifetime and have access as often as you like. Lessons can be repeated as desired.